The history of the house and the chapel
The founder of a noble family, who lived in Rome around 1000, Domenico Antonio Pierleoni July 24 of 1724 settled at Città di Castello and purchased the land in the locality called San Donnino, a few kilometers from Città di Castello north of Saint Lucia.
Florido Pierleoni Bishop, Bishop of Acquapendente 1802 to 1831, built the villa incorporating a chapel dedicated to the saint.
seems that the canvas above the altar was commissioned from him in 1801 to Petrus Germans, a Roman painter of light fame, the painting depicts the Immaculate Conception with the Angels and down San Florido and San Donino.
In the background is Città di Castello and close to San Donino and the dog is shown the villa.
In 1805, Mgr. Hannibal Genga is in Città di Castello family guest Pierleoni; subsequently became Pope with the name of Leone XII, honored Vincenzo Pierleoni the title of Count of Villa San Donino to be transmitted to all his heirs, as stated on a plaque of villa. In 1968 the property, crumbling and dilapidated, was purchased by Mr. Francesco Giorgi which provided for the restoration of the villa and its transformation into a hotel.
The chapel has been restored more recently, in 1997 under the guidance of his son Julian.